10. My week – Stay far away from this post. *Sprays Lysol* My kids brought home pink eye over the weekend,,,yay. So as a family we started applying eye drops. And of course the kids eyes cleared up in like five minutes. Hubs took the eye drops and then had an allergic reaction to the medication and woke up the next day with both of his eyes swollen shut. I got cocky (yes, I said “cocky”) after the first day and didn’t keep up with the drops so now I have it again, and it won’t go away. Seriously good times in this house people!!
9. Look what I found on Etsy – Book Thongs! What is this you say? .I think it is like a bookmark, or just an ornament for your book. The fact that the word “thong” is used amuses me. I mean – who doesn’t want V’s thong in your crack…of YOUR BOOK. (naughty people!)
The above picture is Vishous’s thong! It even has mini handcuffs included!!! The girls that makes these has so many – Jacob Black, Lucien from Gena Showalter, Rhage (who has his own “Hollywood” charm,) Really cute stuff. Check it out.
8. Nalini Singh is coming to the US for the Kiss of Snow Tour! See where she will be signing HERE. I’m excited she will be at the Lori Foster event so I can meet her! She will also be stopping by Smexy Books later in May for a little chat.
7. Can we handle one more JR Ward news post? Just one and then we can be quiet for awhile and let Lover Unleashed float away. My buddy Jen alerted me to some notes her friend wrote up about another JR Ward signing. She gives us a little bit more info this time. It looks like No’One might be Throe’s sister? Hmmmm. She said the Qhuay novella will be 90,000-100,000 words (her normal novel is 140,000 words) so YAY! And she explains the coffins a little more. Go HERE (scroll down a bit).
5. If you haven’t noticed, I’ve been on a big Marie Sexton binge these past few weeks. It started when I noticed Strawberries for Dessert as a finalist in the Dabwaha book tournament. When I started looking at this book and talking to some people (in particular Helyce and Samantha) I was told I must start at the beginning of the series and meet all of Marie Sexton’s Coda boys! So I read and drooled all over Promises, A to Z and The Letter Z. While Strawberries for Dessert can definitely be read as a stand alone, we meet both Jonathan and Cole as minor characters in the previous books. Actually, when I learned that Jon and Cole were going to get together in this book, I said “Whaaaaaat?” Jon is SO uptight, serious and career driven. Cole is soooo flamboyant, rich and… just Cole! But their story and their relationship is so well done in this book. Both of them have insecurities, they just choose to hide them in a different manner. While this book is very sexy, funny, and romantic, it is much more emotional than her previous books. I…love…it. I got to about 90% done on my Kindle and I started to read as slow as possible so it wouldn’t end. I’m sad my Marie Sexton glom is coming to a close! She is definitely a new favorite author of mine! Again, big thanks to Helyce and Samantha for encouraging me to try her.
4. Bunny Day is coming soon! And look at these adorable Cake Pops. (See the full recipe at Full Fork Ahead). I first saw cake pops at Bakerella. My mom made some for Thanksgiving and they were actually pretty easy. My kids even helped my mom (as I sat and drank coffee to supervise the whole event *ahem*) Basically a cake pop is a baked cake, crumbled very fine, mixed with a can of frosting. You then take this mix, roll into balls and stick a lollipop stick in it– put into the freezer for awhile. Then you dip the balls in melted chocolate or icing, and decorate. SUPER CUTE!!! You can make them for any occasion or just because.
3. Are you watching The Killing on AMC? Are you loving it? Yeah me too. I also have dirty thoughts about Detective Holder *bites lip* I want to do something naughty just so he will question me. What?
2. I am cheering Pam aka SpazP on today as she cycles 180 miles to raise money for Multiple Sclerosis. Pam is awesome, she writes for Wicked Little Pixie, she makes me laugh and she is currently raising a baby mouse somehow. I wish her the best of luck today and I can’t wait to hear how her ride goes!
1. Oh weekend..I need you so! Besides bleaching down my house I am reading When You Dare by Lori Foster. I’ve heard good things about this book. And that is some hot mantitty if I’ve ever seen it! Happy Friday!